NSW Ambassador Program
Applications open: February 20 2018
Drama NSW seeks motivated, enthusiastic and passionate Drama educators and primary teachers with an interest in Drama in their final year of study to join the Drama NSW team in the 2018 Drama NSW Ambassador Program.
The Drama NSW Ambassador Program is designed to provide opportunities for final year drama educator to make connections and be part of the supportive professional association of Drama teachers and practitioners to engage in this network, and help to engage beginning teachers in this professional community.
One eligible candidate from each tertiary institution will be selected to participate and represent their university or institution.
Tertiary Drama Education students in their final year of study
Opportunities for Ambassadors:
- Mentoring by some of NSW’s leading Drama educators
- A network of like-minded final year students from a variety of institutions as you enter the profession
- Access to free professional development opportunities run by Drama NSW throughout the year
- Access to the Drama NSW State Conference free-of-charge
- Access to Industry contacts before you graduate
- Special invitation to Beginning Teacher Evening Event on April 12th 5:30pm.
- Additional opportunity to attend Sydney Theatre Company’s production of Arturo Ui at a discounted rate with fellow ambassadors and beginning teachers. (Following Beginning Teacher Event on April 12th)
What do you need to do:
- Be a financial Member of Drama NSW (Student Concession rates available)
- Be willing to participate in Ambassador Meetings
- Be available to participate in free Professional Learning
- Promote Drama NSW to your university friends and colleagues
- Complete the online form
To apply visit:
Applications close: 19 March 2018
2018 MARTIN LYSICRATES PRIZE
The Lysicrates Foundation and Griffin Theatre Company are proud to present the 2018 Lysicrates Martin Prize for playwrights writing for children.
The prize is intended to support mid-career playwrights and provides an opportunity for finalists to receive professional development and funding support. Last year’s inaugural prize saw three finalists present their works in staged readings, with winner Katie Pollock taking home the prize for her work Summerland.
The top 3 finalists will see their works read and staged at Riverside Theatres, and the winner will be chosen by the children on the day.
A fun and interactive way for children to get involved with theatre from a young age, The Martin Lysicrates Prize is a load of entertainment for the whole family to enjoy. This event is FREE but bookings are essential to secure your place.
Recommended for children aged 11 to 14 years.
Date & Time
Tuesday 6th September 11am